Woman posts baffling images of a metal pot that’s completely MELTED into the stove
‘Next level negligence’: Woman reveals her roommate left a metal pot that was completely MELTED into the stove – and says she hasn’t even explained how it happened
- Anie from Provo, Utah shared photos to illustrate how ‘dumb’ her roommate is
- They show a metal saucepan that has melted into a warped heap on a stove
- She said her roommate hasn’t explained what happened to the pot or even ‘addressed the situation’
- Commenters are expressing bewilderment and awe
Twitter users are baffled by images of a sauce pan that appears to have melted into a stove.
Anie from Provo, Utah shared pictures of the pot in December, explaining that the confusing catastrophe was the handiwork of her roommate.
But Anie couldn’t provide an explanation for how, exactly, her roommate managed to melt what looks like a steel pan on a stove, despite over a thousand commenters begging her for answers.
What is that? Twitter users are baffled by images of a sauce pan that appears to have melted into a stove
Huh? Twitter user Anie from Provo, Utah shared pictures of the pot in December, explaining that her roommate left a sauce pan that way
‘In case you ever think your roommate is dumb… let me one up you,’ she wrote.
She included two pictures of the sauce pan, showing that it has entirely collapsed on one side.
The rim is twisted and distorted, while the bottom and side are warped beyond repair. It appears to have melted into a metallic mess, right into the stove.
The tweet has earned 61,000 likes, and hundreds of people have demanded an explanation.
‘Honestly it’s more impressive than anything because like, how??’ asked one curious woman.
How? Dozens of commenters expressed confusion and demanded answers
Sorry! Anie had none, admitting her roommate hasn’t told her what happened
Crazy: Others have shared funny GIFs to illustrate their confusion
‘We’re waiting for an answer on how tf this happens,’ said another.
Others responded with GIFs to illustrate their confusion, or just simply wrote the word ‘how’.
But Anie herself admitted that she had no idea.
‘I am so sorry, lol she hasn’t even told us what happened or addressed the situation,’ she said. ‘I don’t have an answer… she hasn’t even told us what happened.’
Other have just cracked jokes about the odd images, with one writing, ‘This is next level negligence.’
‘I’m no expert but I’d say that soup is done,’ said another, while one more asked, ‘Have you tried putting it in rice?’
Cracking up: Dozens have also cracked jokes, saying that her soup is done and she could try fixing it by putting it in rice
Wait a minute… One suggested its the ‘Lorenz effect,’ though there is no such thing
Maybe… Some thing that the aluminum pot just melted from getting overheated
Some have tried to give an explanation.
‘It looks like the Lorenz effect in action – inductive buildup of heat from eddy currents in the aluminum layer of the pot. Basically the electric current in the burner created a magnetic field that interacted with that of the aluminum in the pot to produce heat,’ wrote one.
But there is no such thing as the Lorenz effect. The Lorentz force, which has a similar name, involves a magnetic field but has nothing to do with heat.
Others have suggested that it melted because it’s aluminum, rather than steel. Aluminum still has a melting point of 1,220 degrees Fahrenheit.