Parents reveal the clever microwave mug meals you can make in minutes
Meals in a mug: Microwave dishes you can make in minutes for demanding kids during lockdown – including macaroni cheese, omelettes and even rainbow cakes
- Food hacks website Tasty has shared the clever mug meals you can make in minutes using your microwave
- The handy recipes, perfect for hungry homeschooled bellies or parents working from home
- The recipes include an omelette made from eggs, peppers, ham and spinach, taking just three minutes, as well as macaroni cheese
- Elsewhere microwave aficionados can even try out a chicken mug pie complete with crust, and a fun rainbow mug cake
A food hacks website has shared the clever mug meals you can make in minutes using your microwave.
The recipes include an omelette made from eggs, peppers, ham and spinach, taking just three minutes, as well as macaroni cheese.
Elsewhere microwave aficionados can even try out a chicken mug pie complete with crust, and a fun rainbow mug cake.
Three minute mug omelette
Handy recipes for quick mug meals in the microwave include an omelette made from eggs, peppers, ham and spinach, taking just three minutes
- Crack two eggs, half a chopped bell pepper, two slices of cut ham, and a quarter of a cup of cut spinach into a cup.
- Add salt and pepper before stirring the mixture and placing it into the microwave.
- Take it out after two to three minutes and enjoy!
Five minute mac and cheese
You can make macaroni cheese in just five minutes with three ingredients too
- Add half a cup of macaroni and half a cup of water to your mug.
- Stir in salt and place it in the microwave for two to three minutes.
- Take out of the microwave and add in a splash of milk and a handful of grated cheese, and sprinkle in pepper.
- Place in microwave for thirty seconds and enjoy!
Chicken mug pie
Elsewhere microwave aficionados can even try out a chicken mug pie complete with crust
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of cooked chicken, 2 tablespoons of vegetables, 1.5 tablespoons of corned starch, salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon of milk and 3 tablespoons of chicken stock and stir.
- For the crust mix flour, baking powder, salt and 1/2 tablespoon of cubed butter, 3.5 tablespoons of milk and some herbs in a dishbefore placing it on top of the stirred cup mix.
- Place it into the microwave for just over two minutes and enjoy!
Broccoli and cheese rice bowl
Elsewhere a simple cheese and broccoli rice bowl takes a few minutes and you only need milk, rice, cheese and veg
- Mix 5 tablespoons of quick cook rice, 2/3 cup of cold water, finely chopped broccoli florets.
- Stir the mix in a mug and place it in the microwave for 3 to 4 minutes before taking it out.
- Add half a tablespoon of corn starch and 3 tablespoons of milk, along with 4 tablespoons of grated cheese.
- Stir in salt and place into the microwave for a further 1.5 minutes and enjoy!
Mug baked rigatoni
You can even get creative with this tomato and pasta bake if you have the oven function on your microwave
- Add a few tablespoons of marinara sauce, grated mozarella and 2 tablespoons of finely chopped basil.
- Layer some more marinara sauce and place the rigatoni pasta upright, before adding another layer of the sauce.
- Top with parmesan and bake at 200 C for 20 minutes.
Rainbow mug cake
Parents can even entertain their children by making a rainbow mug cake in moments
- Add half a cup of sugar and one stick of softened butter, crack in two eggs, 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract and one cup of flour before stirring in a bowl.
- Add half a tablespoon of baking powder, a quarter of a tablespoon of baking soda and stir into a sticky dough.
- Separate the mix into five small containers and colour with food colouring.
- Add the different coloured doughs into one cup and put into the microwave for one minute.
- Cover with whipped cream and sprinkles and enjoy!